Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March Update

Sorry everyone that I have been so slow in updating. Let me tell you a few excuses before I give an update on my writing progress.

First off, I BOUGHT A HOUSE! Yeah, I am kinda excited about that. It's my first house and I'm going in solo, so it's been a daunting process of getting ready for the closing while also packing up all my crap. It happened a lot faster than I anticipated so I've been a little off my game because of it.

Second, my dad decided a month or so ago to take me to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe at the end of April. First time traveling to Africa for both of us has made for a long list of vaccinations and visa requirements. I'm super excited to go see Victoria Falls (google it if you need to) and we are highlighting the trip with a helicopter ride and doing an excursion where we walk with lions.

Third, Rosalie Stanton has forced inspired me to give online dating another go. The past few weeks I have been experiencing the creepiness of horny men who spend too much time alone with their computers. Is it too much to ask to have a dinner and a movie before you ask me over to your place for sex? I'm not an angel, but a little class is appreciated.

That all being said, I have made some progress on my first potential novel, titled Southern Comfort. I have finished writing and am now working with the brilliant Rosalie Stanton on cleaning it up and fleshing it out in all the right places before I start submitting it for publication. I'd say...I'm about 30% done at the moment. I want to have it sent out by summer, but all that depends on whether the lions eat me in Africa or not.

Southern Comfort is about Kristen and Jay's struggle between work and romance. While battling the tension for years, once their comfort zone of Washington D.C. politics is replaced by a vacation in Natchez, MS, both are considering the consequences of giving in to temptation.

That's all I got for you now! Hopefully, I can give you a better teaser before long!

Peace!

1 comment:

  1. If lions eat you in Africa, I'm moving into your house.

    I mean -- congrats and looking forward to more SC!

    ReplyDelete